How did we get here? In less than two months now, Juniper Lemon’s Happiness Index hits bookstores!
I hardly know where to begin, but I think I’ll start with some excitement: Goodreads is giving away 10 advance copies of Juniper! If you’re a Goodreads member, you can enter with the click of a button here (where it says “Enter Giveaway”) through April 27!
Other pre-release goings on at the moment:
- Audiobook production is starting! The producer with Listening Library recently reached out to me to let me know the voice actress they had in mind for Juniper. I listened to some samples and I absolutely love her and I cannot WAIT to hear her bring Juniper to life!
- I have a publicist now. Just assigned from my publisher a couple weeks ago. Figuring out this business a little bit by the seat of my pants, but we already have a local radio interview scheduled??
- I’m trying out video! A rep at Penguin asked if I’d be willing to film a short video about the book for promo purposes. I have written out a script (it’s meant to be under one minute) and I’m getting excited about actually making it!
- I’m working on promo efforts independently, too. On the advice of former debuts I am being careful not to spread myself too thin, and am instead concentrating on projects that I find enjoyable and not more time/effort/stress than they’re worth. These include, but are not limited to:
- Creating a Juniper coloring page/colorable postcard (watch this space!), and
- Planning a public release celebration to take place, most likely, the weekend after Juniper comes out. Key words so far: scavenger hunt. Raffles (open internationally). ICE CREAM.
Book 2 (unrelated to Juniper) currently hovers somewhere in the background, but I anticipate that may also move to a front burner quickly– and likely in the busy rush of release!
For now, it’s one day, one new step at a time.
Update 3/19/2017: The giveaway is now closed– the winner has claimed her prize! Congrats to Laura J!
Hello, friends! I’m excited to announce that I am giving away an advance reading copy of Juniper Lemon’s Happiness Index— along with a prize! The winner of the raffle will receive the book and his or her choice of either:
- A $50 Amazon gift card, or
- A Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Camera (with one pack of film), winner’s color of choice.
I’m hosting the giveaway via Rafflecopter, so if you aren’t a member with them already, you may be prompted to sign up (it’s fast and free) when you click the link below.
Ready to play?
Or rather, across the pond! Say hello to Juniper’s newest sister cover, that of the Penguin Random House Children’s UK edition!
Isn’t it beautiful?
This version is now also available for pre-order from Amazon UK! If you don’t live in the UK but are interested in this edition, sit tight– I will update this post with international vendor links such as The Book Depository’s (update: here it is!) when they become available.
For now, back to mooning over my screen…
Update: current places you can pre-order the UK edition:
Every aspiring author dreams of one day holding her work in her hands. Well…
The ARCs of Juniper Lemon’s Happiness Index have arrived!!! MY BOOK IS A PHYSICAL, PRINTED THING. YOU CAN PICK IT UP AND TURN THE PAGES AND WRITE THINGS IN IT AND USE BOOKMARKS AND AND
Oh, what an ARC is? ARCs are advance reading copies (also called galleys and uncorrected proofs) that come out in the months before a book’s release to start generating buzz for it. I’ll be giving some away pretty soon, so stay tuned for details!!
“But when does it come out, Julie?”
I’m glad you asked. The original date, as you may catch on the spine, was in June, but has since moved up! The book will now be
And until then?
There are a few things you can do to save Juniper a place in your reading pile!
All three of these things help me as an author, so any would be greatly appreciated 🙂 Thanks for heralding this humbling first with me, and keep an eye out for those giveaway details!