It’s the end of the week and soon the end of the year. This Forum Friday, seven days before the infamous 12/21 lock-up-your-daughters, grab-your-torch-and-pitchforks, oh frabjous day, callooh, callay, Mayan calendar termination bonanza I’m welcoming nominations for literary favorites of 2012.
Here’s how it works: below are twelve categories. Nominate your personal favorites (something that you personally read/experienced this year; not necessarily items published in 2012) for any or all of the categories by commenting below – or create and post your own list of favorites on your blog (but be sure to leave a link here so I can include your nominations!).
Next week I will publish the results, “winners” being items mentioned most – but I will also list all nominations each category received (unless I am swamped by a massive storm of response and/or I fall into a chocolate orange, eggnog-induced coma in the next several days) so we can all see what everybody else recommends!
And if there is little/no reader response…well then, I’ll just publish my own favorites, merci beaucoup 🙂
The categories for End of the World Top 12: Literary Edition are as follows:
- Favorite Word.
- Favorite Poem.
- Favorite Song. (Because a really good song is just poetry with instrumental accompaniment, right?)
- Favorite Short Story.
- Favorite Play.
- Favorite Nonfiction.
- Favorite Modern Novel.
- Favorite Classic Novel.
- Favorite Inspiration. Think author talks, TED talks, articles and videos.
- Favorite Literary Event. Did you attend a reading? A Shakespeare festival or a book-signing?
- Favorite Literary Spoof/Parody. Think Wizard People and Twilight fan vids.
- Best Personal Literary Achievement. Did you write 5,000 words in a day? Win a contest, NaNoWriMo, or get published in a literary magazine? Self-publish? Rave here!
That’s it! Chime in and come again next week to see the results!