This week’s words are:
asperity n. harshness of tone, manner, or condition
vigil n. a period of wakefulness during time usually spent asleep; a peaceful demonstration in support of a cause
governess n. a woman employed to teach children in a private household
besprinkled adj. exactly what it sounds like. I just love the word.
satyr n. a lascivious man; a lecher
- Casanova was a notorious satyr.
- Oscar Wilde’s work is unfailingly besprinkled with humor and aphorisms.
- Holly declined the invitation to the Raging Skulls concert, claiming she didn’t go for asperity. Or face ink.
- Jane Eyre was the original governess.
- Midnight vigils spent on creative projects are fun; vigils during finals weeks are not.