This week’s words are:
plexus (n.) a network of nerves or vessels in the body; an intricate/weblike network
coup de main (n.) French — a sudden surprise attack, especially during war
sheepskin (n.) [slang] a high school or college diploma
badinage (n.) humorous or witty conversation
prognosticate (v.) foretell; prophesize
To make things interesting, match this picture with one of the sentences below.
- Dude, you need your sheepskin to work just about anywhere these days: in fast food, retail– even at the Banana Stand!
- Many make barbs, but few Colbert guests can hold their own in a game of badinage.
- The weatherman had hit his midlife crisis. One day he prognosticated rain, a divorce, and excrement on his boss’s desk.
- Clarissa delivered the ultimate coup de main when she stuffed her ex-boyfriend’s locker with all his closet Bilieber memorabilia.
- At night the city was a plexus of lights.